There's no doubt how good you feel after a juice cleanse. Better sleep, more energy, glowing skin, and minimal sugar cravings are just a few of the transformations that follow.
We live in a world where saturated fats and highly processed foods are powerfully popular, as evidenced by 67% of men and 60% of women, in the UK, that struggle daily with being overweight or obese. However, it is essential that we break this terrible cycle. Decades of research have shown that we can be healthier by actively changing up our diets - incorporating more fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and cutting back on the highly processed and salty foods.
A study, done by UCLA, showed that a 3-day juice cleanse reduced body weight and released compounds which are associated with heart health.
Here are 10 reasons why we think you should try juicing:
1. Convenience - There are some fruits and vegetables that we simply don't know how to prepare or cook, and so we just end up avoiding them altogether. Fortunately, juicing incorporates a lot of different varieties of fruits and vegetables giving us the chance to try them all. Secondly, there is no need to cook or clean. Just open the lid and consume anywhere and at any time.
2. Rehydration - Most people consume little amounts of water and high amounts of sugar-laden carbonated and non-carbonated soft drinks. During a juice cleanse, your body will be provided with adequate amounts of the right fluids aiding your body in functioning more efficiently.
3. Resetting - A juice cleanses aids detoxification, therefore, resetting your palette, gut, and mind to crave healthy foods.
4. Weight loss - Juice cleanses were not solely designed for weight loss or starvation. A juice cleanse is naturally lower in calories, and a reduction of caloric intake can lead to weight loss whilst still providing the body with the nutrients and hydration it requires. Lastly, by avoiding all the junk and unnecessary salt, you will experience some weight loss.
5. Mood booster - Food can affect our stress levels, sleep patterns, and even mood. Health plays a vital role in how we feel on a day-to-day basis. As your physical health improves, so too will your mental health. A cleanse can help you reconnect with yourself which will help you make better daily choices that support and nourish your wellbeing. A juice cleanse can be a great first step to a happier you.
6. Stable energy - Each juice provides a variety of complex sugars, vitamins, minerals, and calories which will allow you to stay energized throughout the day.
7. Resting the liver - The liver represents the body's main detoxification system. Many of the time, our livers are working overtime to get rid of all the toxins in our systems. Unfortunately, sometimes there are just too many toxins floating about for our liver to handle, with many not being limited therefore causing damage in distant cells. Doing a juice cleanse will allow the liver to rest.
8. Reduction in physical problems - Many, who have completed a juice cleanse, have reported improvement in chronic symptoms. General aches and pains, rashes, bloating, and sinuses have al been found to have cleared or been improved through a juice cleanse.
9. Improved complexion - Caffeine and alcohol dehydrate cells, During a cleanse, these are cut out and replaced with nutrient-packed 100% cold-pressed juices that will help rehydrate cells resulting in glowing skin.
10. May discover intolerances - Since most juice cleanses eliminate dairy, wheat, gluten, red meat, and fermented foods from your diet, you can gain a new perspective on whether any of these foods don't agree with your body. When you reintroduce these back into your diet, it will assist in defining which foods are causing problems for your body.
Everyone's body has different dietary needs. This is influenced by many factors such as body type, and activity and stress levels. When you decide to make positive health changes to your lifestyle, your body's needs will change over time. So, in saying that, there is no single set of rules for everyone to live by. Instead, there are only guidelines we can provide.