Did this article catch you by surprise? Don’t worry, you aren’t too late so take this as your friendly reminder to treat your Mum this Mother’s Day and make it a day to remember. This year Mother’s Day falls on Sunday 14th March so you still have plenty of time to plan a wonderful day. Here at Love Yourself, we have been brain storming some fun new creative ideas that will definitely put a smile on your Mum’s face.
Start the Day Right
After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. There is no better way to start the day then with breakfast in bed. Take your breakfast to the next level and put it on a nice tray with a flower. If you know your Mum’s favourite flower, then that is a real bonus. If you aren’t a chef, fear not! Place an order with Love Yourself for a whole day’s worth of delicious food today.
Take the Sentimental Route
Make something meaningful and tug at your Mum’s heart strings. This can be something she can hold onto as a memento. Some of our top ideas include:
- Box of Memories – fill this box up with photos, inside jokes or something you have held onto.
- Write her a letter – you can write 5 things you have learned from her or 5 things she has done for you that you appreciate.
- Create a slideshow – sit the family down and go through old photos. This will remind her of all the wonderful times you have shared!
Spend some Quality Time
It seems as we grow up we have less time to spend with our loved ones. Take this time to take a step back and spend some quality time with your Mum. Plan something you know you both will enjoy. For example, going for a long walk, a games night with the whole family or trying out something new together!
Up your gift giving game this year. Sure, flowers are nice but what can you get your Mum that she will truly appreciate? Rack your brain and think about making this gift really personalised to your Mum. For example:
- Is she a book worm? – Find out what genre of books she likes and browse for books that are real page turners. Go the extra mile and search for a book with the autograph from her favourite author. A book is forever.
- A book of favours – fill up a small book of favours that she can cash in. Is there something she really doesn’t like doing? Offer to clean her house, her car or drive her anywhere she wants to go.
- A pampering package – Mothers are so busy taking care of everyone else that they rarely get a chance to catch a moment for themselves. Offer to give her a manicure, facial, massage or style her hair.
We hope this gives you plenty of inspiration to plan a perfect day this Mother’s Day! Share your special moments with us over on Instagram (@loveyourselfhq)
By Pooja Depala